Your greatest Christmas joy this year will be the presents under his tree.
Sponsor a family through Catholic Charities' 2018 Community Comes Together for Christmas Program and make their season as joyous as yours! Many of the families served by Catholic Charities rely on the generosity of our donors at Christmas to make the holidays bright. Many are single mothers, grandparents raising grandchildren, and the elderly struggling to make ends meet on meager budgets. This year, please give the gift of Christmas to those in need. It's easy! Here's how it works.
1. Log in using your information from last year, or create a new account.
2. Click "Available Families" to choose the family or families you would like to sponsor. You can search for families by number of children, or zip code. Click the PDF to view their needs list.
3. Click "Sponsor Now" for each family you'd like to help.
4. Verify your information. YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP TO FINALIZE YOUR SELECTION.
5. Look for a confirmation email with their needs list attached, packaging and delivery instructions.
6. Shop for the family, and bring your wrapped gifts to our designated location on the specified dates. If you'd like to meet the family you help, let us know.
You can login in the toolbar on the right side of this page, or you can click Help for more information on how to use this site.
Too many families live one paycheck away from homelessness. A car repair, illness, reduction in hours - these are all events that can plunge a family into crisis from which they may never recover. Funding for this type of assistance doesn't keep up with the need. For every family we are able to help, we turn away at least another 50.
Help out with the utility bill of families during the winter months of 2018 and 2019--a time when electric bills are tough for most people to handle. You can be assured that our screening process and expectation of mutual responsibility means your gift will truly make a difference!
Click here to make an online donation to the Christmas lights program. Or mail your check made payable to Catholic Charities to P. O. Box 1668, Baton Rouge LA 70821. On your check memo line, write "Christmas Lights."